[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Halo Blue?

In a message dated 96-04-14 11:52:43 EDT, Arturo de Carlo wrote::

>>Dear Mr. Golin,
>>First of all, can you tell me (or explain) what " F - Centers" are. My lack
>>of English is killing me now.
>(snip)

Sorry, I got the information on this now. F-Centers are "Farbe"
(German:Color) Centers. Color centers are ion vacancy centers in crystals
occupied by a trapped electron, and produced by various means. The point of
interest to me is how of these means are these F-Centers actually produced in
phosphors, or are they activation impurity centers. How is the basic phosphor
material made in your experience?
Jeff Golin