[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: phosphor

--
Absolutely none........IF you are making tube shaped things or are in
Germany and coat after the bends as standard practice.

What we use it for is to lightly powder odd shaped glass.
For example I am making various shapes via molds and tubulation
like frogs, lizards, etc. You do this with clear glass then sprinkle
in a bit of multicolored phosphor. The effect is not an opaque coating
but a sort of multicolored transparent effect. People, like Jacob
on this list, have made sculptures with regular hot-glass blowing
techniques then added phosphor and electrodes. Look at the "spacemen"
sculpture on Jacobs home page or mine to get an idea what it looks like.
Hope to have more soon!(maybe even mine if I can get them not to crack!)

http://www.mcs.net/~neofish/home.htm
http://www.xlnt.com/neonart/

--- Frank Varnell
--- Senior Software Engineer