[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ovens.

> Bettina:
> I must first admit that I do not know what fibertrax is. How does it become
> flexible? How hot could you get it?
> Like you, I have been playing with this idea for a long time and still
> haven't found an idea that I am excited enough to try. For one thing, it
> still leaves you with the problem of heating up and cooling down, a much
> longer cycle than my straightforward handtorch heating.
> Jeff

Jeff,
  Fiberfrax is a refractory material that works like high-temp insulation.  You
can get it in all sorts of forms, from wooly stuff to boards.  As for the heat
cycle, like I said, it probably wouldn't be a great solution for a production
shop that needs to really pump the work out.  (Ok, bad pun, but as I only saw
it as it was going up on the screen I'll leave it be <G>.)

BB