[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

bombarder light, EMF's

> I have always wondered about the bombarding process and how violent > the
light  is on your eyes?

I'm curious too. I suspect the lead glass is shielding most the UV, but I
notice that "bombarding pads" (short scraps of glass siliconed together into
squares, to isolate the tubes and keep the heat off the table) light up a
little bit in the rare-earth-phosphor blues and purples.

Also, I no longer do a "flash test" at the end of bombarding, mainly because
I don't have to since I have a pirani gauge but also I worry a little that a
30,000 volt charge across 1-2 microns is getting down around X-ray country.

> And what about the electrical fields (EMF) that the
>bombarder generates?  Now that has to be another interesting study.
>Anyone have any feelings on that?

Howie,

A radio tech friend of mine (who is a neon hobbiest) built me a simple EMF
detector some years ago...diagrams are published in Neon News...while not
indicating absolute levels, his device did give *relative* EMF output, and
my walk-around-the-shop-and-house indicated no particularly large output
from the bombarder -- the variac controlling my electronic choke actually
produced more.

-Ted Pirsig