[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mercury amounts & repairs

>On the subject of mercury repairs

(snip)

All this stuff about repairing mercury tubes really surprises me.  I NEVER
touch anything that's had mercury in it (including used mercury traps).
Having such a policy has not hurt business one bit.  I think I may be
making even more money from remakes.

There is still one guy here in Austin that does merc. repairs.  That's his
business if he wants to spend time fixing other peoples mercury tubes for
<20 bucks while the rest of us sell new units.

I can't imagine why anyone whould attempt such a job.

 -John

btw,  one thing to look out for is _broken_ mercury units people bring into
your shop for remaking (or um, "repair").  They often have (as mentioned
previously) large globs of Hg in them that roll out onto your floor when
someone holds them up in the air to show you.  The glob hits the floor and
disperses into thousands of microscopic droplets that are hopelessly lost
into your floor.