[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neon Wanna-Be

>>	Anyone know of any cheap neon courses in the San Francisco
>>	Bay area?
>
>I know of two sources of training.  Lee Champagne has his National Neon Institute
>up in Benicia.  He runs a formal vocational training school, 14
>weeks for $6,500.  That includes $2700 woth of glass! He also does much more
>informal things.  He personally does some commercial sign work but is primarily
>a teacher and internationally recognized artist.  Phone:  (707) 747-6167
>Not cheap, but good.

Interesting...
You might want to look closer at this one. The brochure we've seen uses pictures from
Randall Caba's school in Oregon.  Draw your own conclusions.
We do have some first hand experience with Randall's program and would
recommend him. We also like Randall's book: Neon principals.

I believe David Svenson has taken over Lee's place at a school in San Francisco.
I can't remeber exactly where, but I'll look into it.
--
--- Frank Varnell
--- XLNT Designs Inc. (XDI)