[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scientific Systems & Tech2000

At 05:19 PM 3/30/1996 -0500, JPSTacoma@aol.com wrote:
>Scientific Systems and Tech2000 are often mentioned during discussions. I
>tried calling Scientific Systems at 1-800-221-1705. This gets you Information
>Unlimited which is apparently one and the same with Scientific Systems. All I
>got was a voice mail system with no human interface available. Does anyone
>have another number or address for getting a product list or catalog from
>them? Are these guys for real and do they have a reputable track record?

        I don't have any kind of long term track record with them, but
I recently ordered a couple 6000/20 electronic tx's from them and a little
bitty 12VDC electronic to experiment with handheld battery-powered stuff.
One of the 6000/20's is backordered, and I'm not sure when I'm getting
it.  The one I did get turns out to be an Enaba unit.  The battery
powered tx came as well, and has been a blast to play with.  It's
designed for single electrode use, and can only light up maybe 2
feet of tubing at most.  I packed it and a couple batteries into a
scavanged flashlight handle and have an 18 inch tube with some 'bubbles'
blown in it, tipped off at the other end, stuck in the handle.  Kinda
fun... a kid that saw it swears it's an authentic Star Wars light saber...

        Scientific Systems
        PO Box 719
        Amherst, NH  03031-0719

        Inquiries: 603.673.6493  (or, 603.673.4730, see below)
        Orders: 800.221.1705

        We'll have to see if my backordered 6000/20 shows up or if I
have to make multiple phone calls about it...  Also: I've gotten
better luck calling them at this number if I need questions answered:
603.673.4730.  I was given this number by one of the operators at the
toll-free ordering number (the toll-free number is actually to a
separate company that provides 24 hour order-taking service as it's
business).

| My aunt said spaceship guard was a good career         | Al Hooton          |
| for a young Vogon -- you know, the uniform, the        |                    |
| low-slung stun ray holster, the mindless tedium...     | al@teleport.com    |
|                                                        | 503.591.7324 voice |
|     "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", Douglas Adams  | 503.591.7955 fax   |