[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: electronic transformers

I just replaced another company's work in a theater where 7 out of 14
burned out within 6 months.  In all fairness to TFT (or I should say
unfairness to the theater), the company was seriously over the
footage charts on 5 of the trannies.

But........ I think in the world of electronics, there are ample circuitry ideas &
components costing pennies that should prevent catastrophic failure.

Let's say that for some reason (like intermitent high voltage
feedback), a spike is thermally 'wearing out' the power transistor or
worse,  the coil.  This damage can easily slip by a current or even a
thermal detection device.

Other than my possibly isolated experience, there seem to be hundreds of happy
TFT's in the field.

Kenny

> Anyone have experience with TFT xformers?
>
> Sam, Neon Dreams

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web