[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inductive heaters

Al,
if you heated the electrodes first, then the trash that comes out of the
glass would stick to the electrodes as they would be at less that "degassing
temp".  Keeping all of the glass above this temp while also bringing the
electrodes up to "degass temp" is the tricky part.
And I must say one of the beautiful aspects of "conventional" electric
bombarding - you can hold both glass (all of it) above these magic temps
(for each of them) while they degass some, then stop bombarding, and suck
all this newly liberated stuff out before (or most of it anyway) even before
the temp cools to "readsorption" temps.
Morgan