[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Blockout paint MSDS

> I have no technical data and certainly mercury is by far
>more dangerous

I have seen the Material Safety Data Sheet for "traditional" FMS blockout
paint, and it is indeed unhealthy stuff. I've not seen anything for
water-based paints, and the data sheets don't evaluate the smoke produced
from bombarding (I wish they did -- it's pretty rude stuff and I wish I'd
thought of liquid paint remover a long time ago, though it has its own hazards).

I believe that according to U.S. law the supplier is required to provide an
MSDS for any such item that they sell ( this includes phosphor coatings);
getting them to actually do this is another thing.

-Ted Pirsig