[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neon Plant - Economics

>and

John and list members, In reference to the Victory neon plant I just got back
from a trip for the purpose of trading a little knowledge for some used
electrical neon equipment. The person I helped had a brand new Victory set
up. As I will be finish building the last stage of my own plant I have a
little bit of an overview on what I like in a setup.  Vic's plant did setup
easily as advertised (1-2 hours) according to the purchaser. But there were a
few things even a novice like myself thought there was room for improvement.
During the 8-10hours per day I was able use it, the blower seemed
unstable,air pressure varied from hour to hour and day to day making small
adjustments necessary from time to time. The metal manifold had already
bitten the owner several times on flashback before he decided to weld an
electrode at the end of the manifold with ground wire. The small needle
valves at the cannon fire to balance each burner were a little to restrictive
for their own good. Somehow in the layout their wasn't any accomodation for a
hand torch without disconecting a hose from one of the other fires. I don't
know if this was the owners Idea or Victory's. The owner wasn't able to tell
me the relationship of the numbers on the bombing guage as what the numbers
meant, ei.400ma just the instructions that the #5 was about where you set
it?? The shower curtain rings worked on the overhead bombing wires but looked
a little on the cutting corners image. Nice bombarder and the rotary choke
was easy to use. The closed sided butyl guage naturally had to be calibrated
every day for zero because of  changing barometric conditions each day. All
and all for quick purchase, price and setup and your in showbiz, I'd rate it
a C+.   In reference to John's operation when I was in Texas he is a little
modest in my opinion, in that what he lacks in razzle dazzle appearance, he
more than makes up for in solid professional product experience and good
business sense in a competive marketplace. Well thats my opinion and that is
all that it is.

Best regards,
Don