[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: small (& large) tube filling pressures

>Lopals,
>Hereunder I produce the table of backfilling pressures I use with my students
>for over a long period of time.
>For sure i'am not telling you that this is the ultimate list, but maybe you all
>can look it over and compare it with your tables.

(cut the table)

>The factor of calculation from mbar to Torr is x 0.75, but we only use the mbar
>and soon we will use tthe Pa(scal) here in Europe.
>Herein is: 100 kPa = 1 bar = 10 E3 mbar
>so: 1 bar = 10 E3 mbar = 750 Torr = 100,000 Pa = 10 E5 Pa
>1 mbar = 100 Pa = 10 E2 Pa = 0,75 Torr so:
>1 Torr = 1.33 mbar.

>Best from dirk a. boonstra

Could this be the info I've been asking for in many different ways and forms...?
So, there is a concrete method for figuring the correct pressure to tube length?
If this is what I've been asking for, how do the more technically minded
see this chart and anyone up for converting it to inches & torr?

Thanks Dirk...

Tom