[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Eyeware for neon work

John and fellow members, I just got my up dated acrylic glasses and they
asked me if I wanted UV coating and scratch resistent coatings on them. I
said yes but naturally I can't tell what percent of UV filtering is actually
occurring. Also, I was amazed that later an optical shop can send out the new
pair before other coatings are applied and do this really incredible
anti-halation/reflection coating. I put demo pair on and the one lens that
has this treatment looked as though there was no glass in the frame and
reduced annoying rear reflections plus the multiple night
(cars,streetlights)reflections down to almost "0" The cost was $50.00 and
cannot be put on over existing coatings he said,maybe to get us to buy new
glasses???,but anyway the effect was great. Hope this was" new"news to you
all.Regards,

Don