[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC gauge

After experiencing some of the problems Morgan experienced with TC gauges I
settled on a Fredericks gauge tube because we found it had incredible
resistance to contamination. This tube coupled with the digivac electronics
has been the gauge I've been using for 6 years. As the 1-20 micron range is
notoriously difficult to measure  TC and Pirani gauges are fairly inaccurate
by nature. However there repeatability is excellent. Our gauge goes on in the
morning with the pumps and off at night. We constantly read it and have
rarely had problems. I believe there are several reasons for this. One and
most important , I have a HV side to my manifold. My tanks, filling and
vacuum gauges are isolated with a stopcock. This means that this section is
ether under vacuum or filled with rare gas all times. Only after bombarding
or briefly during pump down to check the correct striking pressure is this
section exposed to the rest of the system. Installing the TC tube vertically
or pointing down, and using a very durable gauge tube has given my gauge tube
a minimum of three years, 10 hours per day lifespan. David Ablon.