[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacuum Pumps & Diffusion Pumps

> The plan is
>to run "recirculating" water thru the cooling jacket via a small pond pump.
>You pump the same water thru the tubing on pump then thru a small radiator
>(auto heater core) using a fan to blow thru radiator just as an auto radiator
>removes heat from the engine water system. I can't be specific on sizes ,rate
>of flow etc. because I'm not ready to start building my system yet. Done with
>a little planing this whole unit could be quite compact?

A five gallon plastic bucket makes an adequate resevoir; an automotive
heater-core radiator works fine to remove the heat; in my case the only real
concern was that the pump have enough umph to move the water through the
small-diameter tubing on the diff. pump itself.

I was surprised at how little the water heats up; during continous use the
water turned from cold to only lukewarm.

-Ted Pirsig