[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Manifold and Pumping System

I purchased a Maxivac system from EGL a year ago with two alcatel pumps and
the works...About $7500.00 if I recall corectly. It did not perform any
better than the homemade system I was already using and had a lot of problems
with their gauges and the manifold cracking at the place where the gas
transfer system connected, so I packed it all up and with the permission of
Tom Corteese, shipped it all back for a refund. I have just re-designed my
manifold and pumping system using my old HV7 vacuum pump and a new glass
diffusion pump, a digital vacuum gauge, and my old absolute pressure gauge
(in lieu of a manometer). It cost me around $1200 for materials including
greasless stop cocks from Chem Glass and you couldn't ask for a more
efficient system. Keep in mind I did not have to buy any vacuum pumps.

Later....Don Stone (wallerneon@aol.com)