[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Blowhoses... Yech!

All this blowhose/dental talk makes me glad I will just die of phosphor
poisoning.  Because I mostly do small letters with detail, I can go for days
without using a blowhose. I've always hated the way they seem to be constantly
either in the way or catching on things. I was also taught by benders who
always said I would be better off if I could learn to bend without one like
they did.  It also saves a lot of corking time for what that's worth.

 When I do use one (for those jobs longer than my arm) I make them out of
pyrex and not lead glass. Just in case there is a leaching problem, I don't
need more dementia than I have already <g.>

 Like Dave, I also have ended up with a mouth full of glass on occasion. Never
did like the taste of hose alone though. But he also plays harmonicas. I do
find the 5ft. sticks to be a bit of a reach sometimes. Quite often I have to
start the first bend or two with the Tecnolux glasses. But less splices and
some time savings there.

 BTW, glad to hear there was a happy ending to John's shipping problem.

  E-mail from: Tom Biebel, 16-Oct-1995

!^NavFont01F0007MGHHJ46A336