[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: big Diffusion pumps

> and i'm not allowed to have a water
>supply in the garage.

I have such a pump, a 4" diameter, in my system, and use Santovac pump fluid
and get vacua in range of 1x10E-6Torr or less base pressure. One of my best
aquisitions has been a closed cycle cooling system, which I operate with a
supply of ethylene glycol (antifreeze) and water. This saves on my water bill
and it means I can put the station in the optimum location in my shop
regardless of water source without having to run water out to it.. About 4
years ago, there was a drought here in CA and the idea of running water
through my pump and right out to the sewer was very unpopular. Actively cools
the water in the pump, and was only $200 used at my local AC company, shop
around!
Jeff Golin