[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bombing advice helped!

To all who have forwarded advice on my bombing frustrations & anyone who's
been reading...

I got some excellent advice (thank you neon list!!) and probably the most
helpful came in the form of figuring that my temp gauge was way off &
needed calibrating.

Thanks to Morgan, he helped pinpoint the problem & re-calibrate my gauge.
After making a 75C adjustment (!) & some additional attention to bombing
pressures, I found that I was way overheating the electrodes & obviously
the whole unit.  Since the adjustments, things have been coming along
smoothly!

If anyone recalls my postings a month or so ago about bombing blue units
this ties in, I think.  I had complained that my blue units were darkening
during bombing on the insides of the bends; right angles and double backs.
As far as I can tell, this problem has been cured.  I've pumped some 15mm
blues & no darkening!  If anyone believes this to be coincidence, let me
know, but I think it has been a function of my processing.  I'd paid
special attention to my heating while bending being careful to not overheat
& I still had the darkening while bombing.

At any rate, I'm curious how others pay attention to fluctuations in their
gauges.  Is this just something that comes w/ time & experience?  How often
do others get their temp gauges re-calibrated?

Again, tip 'o the hat to Morgan.  Thanks to all who replied.
The learning continues...

On & on
Tom