[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: blowers

I am using the good stuff....     A smog pump that was old to begin with,
FREE (but only $10-$15 at a salvage).... An old 1/3 h.p. motor, $10?.... all
nicely mounted, covered with a thick wooden box, to quiet things to a VERY
tolerable level, old #50 freon tank with fittings welded on to create a surge
tank (also free)....  A modified 2 in. check valve as a pressure reg. that
works PERFECTLY ($10 at surplus).... All or which has performed FLAWLESSLY
for several years....  My fires (natural gas) are steady and quiet and NEVER
have to be adjusted.... I am not just getting by with cheap stuff, putting up
with fires that are jumpy or pulsating, or need constant adjusting, just
because I don't want to spend the money....It's just that when I was just
starting out on a limited budget, this is what it took to get on line.  It
still keeps on performing properly and just won't quit.  Seems almost
bulletproof and I can replace any component for under $20.  Maybe someday
I'll get a regen. blower, but for now I offer only praise for the system I
have now, because of its simplicity and dependability.  :)

P.S. visit the ftp site for even more on blowers and regulaters.

Jon