[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Neon Boat Pictures

Happy Holidays, everyone on the list!

We just got back the pictures of our entry in the Ventura Boat Parade of
Lights. They aren't too bad; much better that the washed out ones we got
last year. As we are not very technologically advanced, we don't have
the means to post any pictures through the computer. If anyone else is
interested in doing so, or might be, we can send a couple of pictures
the old fashioned way, in the mail.

Kathee and Charlie

PS. Since there hasn't been too much mail lately, an amusing (not at the
time) story from the parade; the Lucky Star story......We had a white
neon star attached above the top of the mast, held up in a glass frame
with grey tape. One night when Charlie slipped on the wet deck and fell
into the cockpit, we heard a "ping" and glass fell on our heads. The
star was now dangling down beside the mast top. It was too late to take
the mast down .
     The next morning, using binoculars, we found that the star was not
broken; just the frame, and the star still lighted up. It remained
lighted, dangling there all through the parade. As we were just headed
back to our slip we hit a big boat wake and more glass rained down on
our heads. The star had gone out but was still dangling up there.
     The next day we took all the lights down and found that the star
was still not broken; just more of the frame and one of the transformer
wires had become disconnected. The star was just dangling by one
transformer wire. It still works, and we'll probably use it again next
year if we are crazy enough to do this parade again.

kl