[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Neon and radio interference

Dmitrij Gancho wrote:

> Hello, the List.
>
> I am negotiating now a channel letters job on a roof of a building.
> The roof is full of radio aerials, satellite dishes, etc. and customer is
> worrying that neon transformers may cause radio interference.
>
> Does anyone have experience whether things like neon tubes and/or transformers
> and/or flashers are incompatible there? Or what kind of transformers should better be used
> in such installations? May be some electrical tricks?
>
> Thanks for your inputs
> Dmitrij

Always use core and coil from the strayfield type, so not the constant
current ones. If neon use 6 kv (3-0-3) as a maximum, if blue use 8 kv
(4-0-4) as a maximum. Cables should be as short as possible. Don't block
out the complete electrode with block out paint. Block out the lectrode
till you reach the ceramic collar.
Best from dirk.

Follow-Ups: References: