[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Neon and radio interference

> Is there defined SAFE DISTANCE between a solid state transformer and a satellite TV dish, for example?
>
> dmitrij

Dear Dimitrij,

Don't know exactly - haven't done experiments up to now. The abt. 30kHz main
oscillation should not kill the TV converter, even at high electrical fields.
More affecting could be the corona discharge in my opinion, the Field effect
transistors used in those converters are VERY sensitive to static discharge.

When the converter is well shielded (i.e. complete metal case), this should not be
a big problem. Plastic cased units are suspect to me in any case.

If the antennas at the location you have to install the sign are for those
VERY VERY high frequencies as satellite dishes, you should not expect interference
in any case. Long- medium and short wave radio will be much more affected by
neon interference.

Marcus