[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Drop Ceiling Installs...

Slcx@aol.com wrote:

> Happy and prosperous New Year to all members and their families,
>
>          When I was working for my former co. I had been told by a sales rep.
> that it was against code to install a transfo in a drop ceiling.  As he was
> pushing his hanger mount against my preferred frame mount transfos, I had my
> doubts.
>
>            Does anyone have any information, or opinions about this?  Thanks.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Sean
Sean,

To the best of my knowledge it is not illegal to install a transformer
above a drop ceiling. It is illegal to mount the transformer(s)on the
drop ceiling. You must use an approved secondary enclosure or a
UniTran(type) self-enclosed model. The only time an AHJ may refuse to
allow such an installation is when the area above the ceiling tiles is
also used as a return air plenum for the AC and heat.

Hope this helps,
Steve Towne
Field Service Mgr.
Allanson International, Inc.