[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- V-Shaped RF Coils

> Date:          Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:17:35 +0100
> From:          dirk <blaecker@xs4all.nl>
> To:            neon-l@lists.io.com
> Subject:       Re: NEON- V-Shaped RF Coils

    :
    [ deleted stuff ]
    :
> Besty from dirk and remember the only coils who are in the oven are the
> heating coils. PS: JOhn Anderson sended me a brochure and there was a fine
> handheld eddy coil for converting electrodes in it. The cost was less then $
> 150.-- and one of the listmembers asked if it was possible to buy the V
> coil. The answer was yes and the cost was about $ 50.--, but I forgot which
> listmember it was. Asking the list can maybe help as I want to buy the
> complete set as well. The company name is Scientific Systems phone 800 221
> 1705. Best from dirk

Dirk et al,

That was me who was checking on getting the dude at Sci Systems to build the
open-ended coils for us.  The deal was, he's concerned about RF emissions and
wanting to stay away from needing FCC approval.  The discussion I had with
him was about making units for "experimental" purposes and therefore not
subject to the regulations, provided that no one person bought a whole bunch
of them for obvious commercial use.

I've been totally swamped everywhere the last few weeks, unfortunately not
with neon like Jeff.  The Great Coil Hunt is nearing the top of the list
again, however, so it shouldn't be too long before I can get back to the guy
and make a case to get him building some coils.  I'll contact everyone who
said they were interested before I do that, to re-confirm the numbers.
If anyone who didn't express an interest before wants to join the parade,
drop me an e-mail.

JD

--
JD Schueler