[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- soda vs. lead glass

Morgan Crook wrote:

>  I donot belive I have ever seen soda trodes,
>
> there are such things.  Even though soad is compatible with lead for
> electrodes, there is a market for soda electrodes.
> They are difficult to make and the leak/failure rate is much higher than
> lead, some people still want them.
> Morgan

And they are not available (same as Pyrex) as a tubulated one and that's
a big disadvantage in my opinion. The advantage of the soda electrode is
if we use the triple carbonate shell version we can let rise the
temperature higher during outgassing and conversion compared to the
leadglass electrode, so the tube and the outgassing of the tube can be
at a higher temperature during bombarding. That the only advantage, but
it not wise to change over for that to soda-electrodes. The
disadvantages are higher (greater?more?) then the advantage.
best from dirk.