[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: NEON- soda vs. lead glass

>I want to add something to the question and that is:
>Never use that type of tubing for neon as there is no defilement in the
>tubing for the UV(C) radiation that is developed by the mercury
>discharge.
>All tubing we normally use, like soda or lead, or lead-no-lead tubing is
>polluted with a filter that prevent that UV radiation can come trough
>the glasswall of the tube to the outside. These radiations are very
>dangerous for your health. The lead or lead-no-lead tubing you overthere
>are using has the same composition as the tubing that is used for TL
>Tubes and these tubes are polluted as well. UV radiation that is not
>converted into visible light cannot come out of the tube and that is
>good. Another thing: when you use these tubes it is not possible for you
>that you can have a merc test any longer. This lies in the fact that
>your head will have the same trademark and expression of that of Kojak's
>soon.
>Best regards from dirk a. boonstra

Dirk, thank you for the input. I will definitely stick to these normally used types of glass, because I want to live long and don't want to waste my seafarer's vision. I just didn't think of the fact, that this ('molybdenum') glass allows UV rays to pass through. Thanks for saving my eyes.

regards,
dmitrij

Warning