[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: Power factor & Load Current

Dirk,

> So, following this, what I understand is that only the uncorrected power
factor/standard type transformers are available in the US and we should clearly
be using the table for "Uncorrected."  Right?
REPLY FROM DIRK: FIRST QUESTION TO TDI. Is the above true Telford? What a waste
of enrgy! What about the environmental aspect about this. If you convert the
above to mercury you are wasting hundreds of kilo's of merc. What about that?<<<

Not true.  High power factor transformers are readily available here.

>>>Nice reply TD. Please make another one ( you know me I am asking not
ordering) explaing the real power (the WATT power) is almost halve of the
consumption of the VA (seemingly) power and therefor a contribution to the
environment.<<<

I will.  The problem I'm pondering now is how to do it.  Unfortunately, I need
to draw some vector diagrams to do this right, which is tough in this email
environment, but I'll figure out a way.  Stay tuned, as the saying goes.

Best regards,

Telford Dorr