[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Electrode Wires

While Ross adapters do work, there's nothing truly suitable for long
term repair other than new electrodes or units.  Actually, one thing
you _can_ do and which can be longterm would be to swap in a
scripting transformer set to steady state high and
cap the other end.  Of course you all carry one of these with you
wherever you go, right?

Kenny

> Kenny wrote:
>
> >Nice to hear from some of the "old listers" again even if they do
> >insane stuff like that.
>
> >But before chewing the electrode, first try
> >the good old Ross connector - a brass cap with fine brass
> >wool. Push it hard against the trode.
>
> >In desperation I made my own once with steel wool.
> >I used vaseline to slow the corrosion.
> >Worked for so long that I almost forgot about it.
>
>  I was going to make a remark about these too, but  as I never used
>  them,
> I wasn't sure if they were suitable for anything besides a housing
> repair.  Are they?  Thanks.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Sean

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web