[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON-SGFP

edezuzio@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> On 10/06/96 09:08:03 you wrote:
> >

> Why can't we use fuse rated at say, 27ma for a 30ma trans on each home run. If a tube were to break the trans will
> put out 30ma...blowing the fuse. At this point let the primary dis-connect do its job...Too simple?...Perhaps it is the
> voltage of the secondary which would not work with such fuses....
> Hmmm. Peace.

Nice thoughts dear Edwardo, but:
It will not work. After ignition the unit the current will rise to a too
high level, at least over 27 mA and will probably come close to  the
short circuit current before The (always slowly reaction core of) the
transformer will react and stabilise the current to the desired current.
Nothing to do with the voltage of the secundary, it.s the big flash
after ignition point and as you know (I teached you that) that will
happen every second 120 times in your mains supply. BTW meassuring the
primary, and therefore the shut off with an electronic fuse, is much and
much easier to make a protection device you described. You know that the
current rise of the secundary is an equivelant of the primary. When the
secundary is rising 20% we are talinkg about 4.5 mA and that small
current is hard to detect in that short period otf time. But when we do
the tripper build in the primary there will be a current rise of about
500 mA and that can be detected very easy as the margin is big. Still I
don't think it's a good solution, but I must say that I am proud of you
as you were thinking into the good direction namely: trying to make
signs more safety and reading this list the last weekend I must say that
I think that you are maybe an exception. For me it is not a big surprise
as I noticed that the time you were working in the Low Lands I already
thought that you were different.
Best regards from your old (not in years or behaviour) teacher
dirk a. boonstra