[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Tube benders Assoc.

>Would any-one care to take a crack at spelling out the purpose or mission of
>a tube-benders association?  Might move things forward...or out the door.

This is an interesting assignment, but first could I please suggest to the
listers that, if this was to be the actual name of the concept, "Tubebenders'
Association", seems a bit narrower in scope than what I would envision it to
be, and hope my view is not a singular one. The purpose or mission should be
broad enough to encompass all the issues we are used to addressing within
this forum, and merely bending tubes is, to my mind, a bit limiting in
purpose or mission. I am sure you merely meant this as a starting point for
the discussion and not a proposal, since there was such an effort in the past
of that title.
However, I would like to propose, just out of the air in a brainstorming
mode, some possible names that would lend us credibility among those in the
public, regulating institutions, and industry affilitates, whom we would hope
to gain influence from our positive efforts.
1. Neon Sign and Lighting Standards Association (NSLSA)
...........yes, I know, doesn't say such other things as "art" but does art
need standards? Would think that art is anathematic to standards. This
however is distinguishable from NESA, the National Electric Sign Association
2. Neon Sign and Lighting Association (NSLA).
.........perhaps those out there on this forum don't want us to get into
Standards, although in my vote this activity could be a good selling point in
our distinguishing ourselves from the rest, hopefully without becoming too
restricting..
3. Neon Industry Association (NIA)
........nice and simple and all encompassing and all purpose, has the virtue
of ambiguity...
Any others?
Jeff Golin
Neon Express