[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Tube benders Assoc.

JPSTacoma@aol.com wrote:

> Reply from dirk:
>
> >I see Jeff's point as a good point and I must admit that we,
> >unfortunately, have these fligh by night installers overhere in >the
> >Netherlands as well.
> Tells us a little more about how successful your local association is at
> controlling your "fligh by night" installers. How much do you have to pay in
> dues and other fees?

This reply is a short one JPST, as I will come back to you answering
your other questions when I have things prepared, but the fee of the
membership of the Dutch Sign Association depends of the fact how many
labour you have in your company. So a single mansshop is paying peanuts,
and a shop with 250 labour must pay a lot more. There is another aspect
we cannot compare the USASA to our sign association and that is that
social security and payments are regulated by the association. All
members of our national sign association have the same price for one
hour labour indexewd by the location they live in. At the same time
consider this as a repoly to that person who was asking about this
matter. There was a statement that you never could compare east to west
or in the midle of your country or the pricing of the SF bay coast to
the rest of your country. I don't beleve that as there if numbers we can
calculate with to be sure that the outcome of a price is exactly the
same for diffrent states. If for an example the price od a repair in the
west of Holland is fl: 100.-- the corresponding price fro the north of
Holland near the German border is fl: 100.-- x 0.92,80 so their price is
only fl: 92.80. The corresponding price for the city of Amsterdam is
then x 1.134 so the price in Amsterdam for the same repair is fl:
113.40. Every government is dealing with these indexed numbers and I
truly hope that your goverment is capable enough to produce them as
well. So, thinking or writing that pricing is a hell of a job is rubish
as we can calculate every price to a location with the same value.
Best from dirk a. boonstra