[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Tube benders Assoc.

>>                 I think by keeping the computer as a tool in oranizing ,
>and
>> not the core of a group, you inable the gorup to be stronger and more
>> diverse. I am not puttting down the fact that the computer would help
>> greatly for comunication, but I think that it should not be a prerequisite
>> to joining an association for anything other than Computer related topics.
>>
>> Matt
>
>Matt,
>
>I agree with you 100% here.  One of the biggest hurdles in organizing a
>national association would be reaching out to the vast majority not
>represented here.  Ideas welcome <g>.

Have to agree with you. I have another activist group that I am affiliated by
computer and this group is just too uncommitted, and I hate to admit it but
I'm as guilty of this as anyone. There's a lot of excellent armchair
discussion and thesis-writing but it never goes further than that. There are
a lot of activists on line, don't get me wrong but they are organizing the
essential activities OUTSIDE the Internet using the Net as a way to
communicate to get organized. There are definitely limitations to the
Internet as an organizing medium. As any salesman will tell you, you have to
get your customer to take action, physical action if possible, before any
meaningful committment is reached or results obtained. In my case, there's
only so much I can do to contribute outside of ideas when I'm in my usual
survivalist mode.
Jeff Golin