[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Dimming HPF transformers

Jeff Golin wrote back to my original commment...

>>Things can be a lot different for solid state designs.  We can build dimming
>>into the circuitry.  So, it is possible to have electronic HPF units that
>>dim.
>>Hope that helps,
>>
>>Eric
>
>Okay, good point, Eric. Is the current Allanson solid state HPF, or can it
>be? If it's not big deal why not just do it all the time?

The POW-R-PAK 2240B as you have know it for the last couple of years might
be classified as "kinda" High Power Factor.  All jokes aside, it was more
than the typical 50 rating of ferromag NPFs.

2240K11P, 2250 can be classified as High Power Factor.  Effective with this
month's production, 2240B will be done on the same circuit design.  You'll
be able to tell the difference if you look at the input amp and/or VA
rating.  It's a really miserly user of power....less than 0.7 amps.

As for dimming features...we expect to modify the circuitry to allow it.
That's something to expect in the future depending on work load of engineers
assigned the task.

Hope this helps some more,

Eric