[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: color checker??

Dilling wrote:

>  For one thing, it seems that
> >these Mineral Lites are of short wavelength and won't pass easily through the
> >wall of the neon tubing.
> >Jeff Golin
> >

> Jeff,
> I don't know if you work in all soda, but the uv light will amost always be
> blocked by leaded glass. I Have never seen a color checker that will light
> up a tube other that on the end.
> The story is different of course if you are working in say, soda or pyrex.
>
> matt
Reply from dirk: No difference here from soda, lead or boro tubing. Only
the short boro can make a difference but we never use that in our
industry. All the above mentioned types of glass will filter UV
radiation exept from the short boro under point 40, byut then again the
output of UV will be as few percent.