[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reply to: NEON- Plastic Boots: CSA responds...

John - the proverbial shit has hit the fan now.  I just read your message
about the talkwith CSA.  I contacted Herb at home and is he upset!!!  He is
extremely concerned about the erroneous information being free-handed out
by CSA. He would like you, John, to call him at the 800 number previously
given, he will fax you a copy of the certification from CSA showing his
taking the "wet" test that CSA disavows, and successfully passing this
test.  He asked if he had sent you his brochure.  If so, in the brochure it
shows the UL and CSA logos showing what his products are approved for.
When you contact him he will fax you any supporting data you wish that will
confirm without doubt the approved use for "wet" locations.   In the
meantime, he is going to contact CSA, talk to the head man, and then
proceed to rip somebody a new butthole. I'm sure that you will then be able
to contact CSA and get up-to-the-minute news.

Herb also stated that you may call Jim Richards, Head Project Engineer at
UL, in Santa Clara, Ca. for any info you might want as to tests passed etc.
 When you call Herb, he will give you whatever, and whomever's phone
numbers that you so desire.

He also wished to express that since he lectures at alot of the IAEI
(electrical inspectors) conventions and meetings, that he would be in deep
shit if his company tried to pass off his products for an unrecognized use.

Dirk - he doesn't have a net number. Gary Nutting Neon Products of PHoenix