[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- vacuum pump rebuild

Ron-

For what it's worth and if you're considering having a pump rebuilt; I'd
really recommend checking out an outfit in any way you can to verify the
quality of their work.  I've had a bit of a nighmare going on after having
a 1402 rebuilt.  The pump really sucks (no, no, really I mean 3-4 microns),
but has some "mystery" problem with it that is causing *all* units to
snake.  Something they did, I'd assume, is still outgassing after weeks of
running (UGGH!), and causing this.  I've done everything I can to isolate
the problem and I'm using a backup pump and not having the problem, so am
pretty confident that it's something they did.

Next time, I will pay a little extra if I need to to be confident with the
work.  If you read the recent article by Wayne S. in SOT, it may help you
ask some questions of their "rebuilding" procedures.

I also have a local place, MassVac, that charges in the same ballpark that
you're mentioning that I believe is very good (not the one I used, oops)
and I think it's the one that Wayne took his to and discusses in the
article.  If interested in their number, let me know.

Tom U.