[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Sintering into Rinsing

On 09/08/96 18:12:33 you wrote:
SNIP
>He, come on mister Ed Dezuzio, you never did that in Holland, as you were
>working in our province Sealand and that is only a part of the Royal Kingdom
>of the Netherlands.
SNIP
>I would rinse them with distilled water after bending,
SNIP
>Why? is dirk asking you. I do not think that that is neccessay unless you
>eat every day chinees food.
SNIP

I would rinse the tubes for two reasons. One is, existing moisture from condensation would be rinsed
away with a cleaner form of moisture. Skipping the rinsing process and gently air drying a tube will yeild
results that can be avoided. It is not only chinese food but anything you eat can play havoc on the tube.
David Ablon tells a story of a glassworker eating root beer flavored candy with ill effects in the tubes. The
second reason is the rinsing would remove the loose powder resulting from the bending process. In a HG
tube this loose powder will lead to darkening or staining as it will disapate heating and cooling at differant
rates than the rest of the tube.
Peace.

P.S. Are you sure it was only your second beer Dirk?