[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Sintering and burning

EclectiKat@aol.com wrote:

> >Ed wrote:
> >>The sintering process I was refering to is just that. Baking the coated
> >>glass to bind the coating to the wall
>
> In the physics of sintering, the corners and edges of the cubic or other
> phosphor crystals are diffused into each other.Reply from dirk:
Yes Jeff, and for that reason the graines always are from different sizes.
So we have a 4-, 6-, 9-, and 12 um as a grain size for example.
The purpose of that is that the smaller ones are filling into the space
of the "big"ones. Sinetering them again will give you a more uniform
light output.

 That produces a more extended
> crystal structure and I would imagine that a secondary benefit of this is
> that the F-Centers have a more extended lattice to work with. Could this be
> true, too, Dirk?
> Jeff GolinYes jeff, is the above claer, and did you visit Michael's ceremony?

Best from dirk a. boonstra