[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: ONONEON

On 09/11/96 15:20:53 you wrote:

>edezuzio@ix.netcom.com wrote:
SNIP

I sat this morning with the attorney and two of the merchants. Joe DuPont was also at the meeting. I
have to say I think Joe's involvment is purely as a businessman of the community. If you have recieved
a post from him which seems to be irrate then consider his UNANSWERED, EXTENSIVE, WRITTEN
EFFORTS in search for help. The two merchants present at the meeting will take this to the County
Supreme Court.  The third merchant involved in the oirginal case was running late and could not stay for
the meeting. Looking at me while he spoke,"I know you are here to preserve your industry and to sway
other towns from making similar decisions, but I am going to fight because I NEED my open sign.", said
one merchant.

I will have the judges opinion via fax tonight or tommorrow morning and can fax it to anyone whom has an
interest in helping. What I can tell you right now is that the original case's strength was based on THE
CONSTITUTION. No historic commitee provided testimony, no representatives of the sign industry
provided testimony and no health/welfare official provided testimony. In fact, part of the judges opinion is
based on his own opinion. A copy of the ordinance is also on its way. Laws can regulate time place and
manner of situations but this law is completely taking away a medium of which it should only be
regulating. Laws are not one sided...simply by breaking one you now have two sides.

Oh, the village type atmosphere is a county road  running thru a business district with two stucco strip
malls, modern architecture and building mediums, and traffic lights. Maybe living within a Provinence of
the Royal Kingdom of the Netherlands has swayed my own thinking as to what a VILLAGE should be but
i know that the business district of Long Hills Twp. is not village oriented. Besides, to date no one at the
meeting knew of any further plans to build on the VILLAGE VISION. It seems that neon ban will create
the desired result. Keep in mind that a diner with interior neon, visable from the street was not
summonsed.

REAL LIFE...GET INTO IT!
Peace.