[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Plasma Balls

Hello John, et al

I've been playing with these things for a while and I'll be happy to
share all I know. When I fill my vessels with gas I watch the vessel for
the effect I desire.  I do this while it is in the oven.  I have been
making viewing windows from Corning's vision ware cookware.  The sauce
pan lid is about 6" diameter.  I connect my power supply to the electrode
just before I fill and turn it on as I start filling.  You get to see
your manifold light up as well.

I have found the best pressure to be in the range of 80 to 140 mm
pressure.  This gives me a lightning effect.  If your looking for that
feathery effect that was popular in the mid-80's, try adding a tiny bit
of an electronegative gas, like 0.1%Nitrogen or Dry Air.  I'll bet lots
of folks are poo pooing me right now.  The display will be wonderful
however at the cost of longevity.

Dirk,

I keep seeing you talking about your eddy coil quite matter of factly.
can you share more info on this.  I have an induction heater that's
pretty good, however I am looking for others.  I have a coil wrapped
around some U shaped ferrites.  This eliminates have to seal the
tubulation through the coil.  Let's get an HF discussion going.

Jacob