[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Plasma Balls

  Some how some of my post got deleted. The Filling pressure we used was
about 350mm. 75% neon 20%helium 5%xenon is what I remember. A 18mm tube with
a bulbous end ring sealed into the base of the flask with some steel or brass
wool inserted in the bulbous end works well to distribute the
voltage evenly without puncturing. No glass to metal seal is needed. We
filled with the voltage on to get desired effects. Your right, the dirtier
the flask the more interesting the results. A very big word of caution. If
one
these large bulbs explodes while being evacuated it could kill you. Protect
yourself. Also don't sell them with any guarantee. The life span of these
"yuppie" bulbs as we called them can be very short. David Ablon