[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Suck-ins Revisited

 >> Anyway, I'm really interested in the electron bombardment theory (or is
 it a known fact?)  Why would electrons emit in such a narrow, focused
 beam? <<

 Do you watch television (g.>? Actually, it is not that the beam is so focused.
The contact point is rather broad but the higher density is toward the middle
and that is the point where the heat is the most concentrated. Don't forget
that the outside areas have a cooling effect from conductance but the inside
of that area will not be able to dissipate the heat and will then melt first.
With glass it is time and temperature, and to that we can add dispersion.

  E-mail from: Tom Biebel, 23-Aug-1996