[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Suck-In

> More... Has anyone seen this happen with any other glass. So farf it just
> seems to be clear red. I am not transfering blame in the following
> sentance but IMO a lack of or dilluted emmision coating would lead to
> sputtering. Sputtering in a neon tube equals a pinhole. From what I have
> seen, sputtering in a HG tube eaquals disapearing electrodes. Peace

All that I've ever seen are 15mm clear red.

Got a chance to look at one under a magnifier this weekend (from the
inside).  Facinating:  like a miniature volcano.  The suck in comes to a
sharp point, with a micro thin hole thru the center.  Very different
looking than an "arc thru", with a relatively large hole that looks
burned on the perimiter.

   -John