[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- single trode xfrmr

Morgan,

Darn it, I said "cap" not "cap" :-)

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is a CAPacitor to ground.
Which in effect is what Jacob is doing.

Use approx .001 mfd capacitor rated at least 10kv (not easy to
find item).

To requote my earlier post:

the hf tube is acting more like
a capacitor rather than its usual diac behavior at the lower 50-60hz.
The ionized gas itself is in effect a plate wrapped in a dielectric.

> don't cap off the other end, drive something else off it.  Jacob is
> a master of this.  Hey Jake, how about a jpeg of double sided curve
> with twisted flowers? Morgan

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web