[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Saw Dust

arturo de carlo wrote:

> The recent talk of buying cutting tools had me wondering about the hazards of
> dust
> from cutting lead glass.  Do the saws or Wal-Mart machines folks are talking
> about
> create much visible dust?  Even though this sometimes seems like a small thing,
> still like to try to be aware of it and try to minimize "sawing" the glass with
> my file.
>
> Tom U.

Tom,  As you are aware I was one of the new users of the Roto-tool by
Dremel.  I have noticed some dust and some odor however I am not cutting
lead glass with this tool.  I am still using the standard file for
cutting lead glass.  The new lead-free, soda and other hard glass cut
very well with this tool.  I guess the question I would have is similar
to yours.  Are there any materials that may be released from cutting the
lead free and soda glass that we as tube benders should be concerned
with.  Have any of you that are using the dremel tool noticed what I am
talking about here?

Regards,

Howie Cohen
Summer had arrived.... 92f in the shade