[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: transformer loading

Ted Pirsig wrote:

> Eric, Dirk, etc. --
>
> Just to let you know that I've been learning a lot from the discussions on
> transformer loading...I used to think I knew a lot about this...would the
> ultimate check of an installed sign be with an oscilloscope on the HV?
>
> -Ted

I'll add a question to this since my DMM is inadequate and don't have that high
voltage probe yet:

Steve: With your Fluke and high voltage probe, is there a mode where you can
        detect peak voltage? I would think this could be used instead of
	a o'scope to detect "overload" conditions where there are super high
	voltage spikes which in turn cause burn-out.
--

Also, to anwser John's question: No you can't use the high votlage probe to
measure current. There is like a gazillion ohm resistance in it.

|      Frank Varnell                     |
| personal email : fvarnell@sd.znet.com  |
| work email:	frank@xlnt.com           |
| work phone: 619-487-9320               |