[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- more pinhole suckins...

> Anyway, I'm really interested in the electron bombardment theory (or
> is it a known fact?)  Why would electrons emit in such a narrow,
> focused beam? George Doll mentioned that Al Sklar wrote an article
> on pinhole suckins - does anyone know where I can find a copy?
>
>     -John

By way of George and Al I have one of George Claude's patent
applications (1,125,476 1/19/15) where he mentions this.
I'll have some of this up on my site soon.

Claude's research team found that because of the large
voltage drop that occurs around the electrode, especially if it is not the
proper size, the electrode "vaporizes" as he put it, and  the neon seems to
disappear.  They found that the deposits on the glass wall around the
trode contained large quantities of neon.

The most intriguing part of Claude's description of his process includes
something I have never seen in practice. A closed tube tee spliced off of the
path to the pump is filled with wood or cocoanut charcoal. This
receptacle is immersed in liquid air and is used to assist keeping
impurities from re-entering the unit.

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web