[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Building a loading meter

>Do you mean that if I am reading 24mA, the milliammeter is not
>indicating what voltage level I've reached since this will vary with
>the tubing's length. I could add tubing (and wiring) causing the
>voltage to rise while the 24mA stayed relatively stable?
>
>If so, that's a good point in addition to what you say below.

In my humble opinion, most emphatically NOT! And this illustrates exactly my
earlier point (note the non-sequitur of my replies, demonstrating my habit of
answering my mail backwards from the most recent to the oldest!), that the
method of relying on the current loading criterion leads one to a much more
dangerous raising of voltage by additional resistance loading.
Jeff Golin