[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Building a loading meter

On 08/15/96 19:27:53 you wrote:
>> > As far as which method mA or HV is the more accurate means of
>> > current(mA)you are apt to get readings that are adversly effected
>> > by the reactance in your secondary wiring, and will be prone to
>> > overload.
>
>Do you mean that if I am reading 24mA, the milliammeter is not
>indicating what voltage level I've reached since this will vary with
>the tubing's length. I could add tubing (and wiring) causing the
>voltage to rise while the 24mA stayed relatively stable?

SNIP

You can see with a simple test what this means. On your aging transformer place home runs in metal flex
and be sure they are a considerable length, at least10 feet each. The circuit is not midpoint grounded.
Place a load on the trans and read your ma. Now with the same wiring, midpoint the circuit and with the
same load read your ma. You'll be amazed at the differance. I'll repeat what I have found to be true and
that is... Load a 1530 with a chart, wire the circuit in metal flex not mid point grounded, you should get
+- 48ma from this 1530. Now midpoint the circuit and you will see that the ma drops to +-24ma.
Peace